Clan CAOS l The Ultimate PS3 Gaming Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  
Vote for us!
Top 100 Clans :: Think your clan is the best? Prove it.

Click the image to vote for Clan CAOS!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Host Gator - Released Information

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Zerotheheroe
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator
Zerotheheroe

Beta User Award Beta User
Facebook Award FB User
CAOS Points : 679

Host Gator - Released Information Empty
PostSubject: Host Gator - Released Information   Host Gator - Released Information I_icon_minitimeThu 6 Sep 2012 - 20:59

Hi Guest,

This is the final and official thread / update thread for our new website. This topic is designed and typed out to answer any questions you might have throughout our future site transfer.

On January 1st, our website will be switched over to Host Gator - a hosting company, with unlimited bandwidth, disk space, and much more. You may experience a host gator webpage when visiting the site, please know that that is perfectly normal and has a 99% chance of happening for a specific amount of time. If you happen to see that page, just know that I am working as hard as possible to get the site back online.

Upon the website being updated, you will notice a major change all together. Our website will look, well; more like a website.

l - DIRECTORY - l

Forum Information - Skip to Part A - Section 1 in this topic to read more about this.

Blog Information - Skip to Part A - Section 2 in this topic to read more about this.

Webmail Information - Skip to Part A - Section 3 in this topic to read more about this.

Forum Security - Skip to Part B - Section 1 in this topic to read more about this.

Donation Information - Skip to Part B - Section 2 in this topic to read more about this.

Data Information - Skip to Part B - Section 3 in this topic to read more about this.

Radio Information - Skip to Part C - Section 1 in this topic to read more about this.

Enlistment Information - Skip to Part C - Section 2 in this topic to read more about this.

Private Server Information - Skip to Part C - Section 3 in this topic to read more about this.
Part A - Section 1

Upon switching to this new host, our forum will have unlimited options and availability. If I want to install vBulletin as our forum, I can do so. For the start, we will have PHPBB (I can later transfer the data if I choose another forum software to use, e.g. vBulletin). Our new forum will have unlimited bandwidth, and disk space. Disk Space is mainly for our site emails, so don't worry about that. Our new forum will also have attachment functionality - as our new server will be able to handle 250,000 files. Attachments however will be scheduled to be removed after 90 days, in order to make room for new topic files, site files, etc. (time length may change depending on file usage)

Our new forum (PHPBB - 3.0.11) will have many more features which currently our website does not have, such as set rankings (image below)
Host Gator - Released Information Xn8as3

This in return will hopefully be used to issue a whole new roll out of forum positions, ranging from Moderation to simply blogging.

The new forum software (PHPBB 3.0.11) is different from PunBB. Our new forum software will also have but not limited to: backup, recovery, error logs, user logs, moderation logs, administration logs, and much more. Logs are basically a list which tracks your actions, which in return can be used to handle reports, bans, etc.

Bans are now issued more appropriately, such as issuing warnings via PM (automatically). Moderators with required permissions have the power to do so.

Part A - Section 2

Our blog system will be using the top of the line technology, WordPress - the leading software in the blogging industry. While most sites have their blog on a WordPress subdomain, ours will be branched off our clan domain (https://clancaos.forumotion.com) - delivering the same service as if we were on their server, our's is just as fast. Our blog will also bring in more staff positions, which in return will further involve the clan community and offer more chances to get active, and earn some cool perks in the clan and website. Our blog system will be merged with our Events Team, and will further enhance the clan involvement with easy to access information directly from the blog itself.

Part A - Section 3

Our webmail system, is a free email service provided by Zerotheheroe (owner and founder of Clan CAOS) and will be available for purchase from our Point Shop. While our emails are created in our cPanel, you will be scheduled a time to set your account up via TeamViewer. This ensures that no one gets your account information! You will it in yourself. Whilst our current website limits to only 10 custom emails, our new website will support unlimited amounts of emails (while using the same email software, RoundCube). Our new website will have unlimited disk space, which means - your email is endlessly unlimited with data and storage.

Part B - Section 1

Our new forum security (PHPBB 3.0.11) has almost whiped out our current forum security, even though our website now is secured. If an ensecure event should occur, all users will be purged offline immediately and the forum will be locked (our website and all other software, etc. will remain online however). If a user has been deleted, or posts have been removed - the post count will be pruned and only current posts will be counted on your post count total.

Part B - Section 2

Since we're making a new website, we will need a more broad donating system. Which is why we will be using our own PayPal account which in return will be used to cover server cost, website cost, and any new additional features to the website we may need.

Part B - Section 3

Since we're moving to a totally new hosting provider, unfortunately, all of the current website data will be lost and cannot be transferred. That's not something we can control, as our hosting provider strictly prohibits us from getting access to that data (as they host us for free). Our new website will allow us to have access to the data (data as in posts, topics, users, etc. - not personal information)

Part C - Section 1

Our current radio, is an out-sourced embedded radio system. Our new website will host Centova Streamcast privately for our usage only. By using Sam Broadcaster, this allows us to manually connect to the radio itself and livestream commentary / music. Shortly after getting the radio working, we will install RadiPanel which will allow DJs to DJ through the panel also. For now, only Administration will have access to livestream as it requires direct access to the radio panel (not radipanel).

Part C - Section 2

We've been running for almost a year now without requirements, and our clan has been pretty successful - but not as successful as it could be if we had requirements. While when I created this clan for those who don't have a set level of skill, I feel now is the time to set up requirements for our brand new website / start. I feel if I pay for the server costs, and since none of you have yet to donate, I think it's fair that I take this measure. Not only am I currently covering server costs, but software costs as well (I, Zerotheheroe).

Part C - Section 3

We may in the near future (around 2014 unless we get donations) open a private server for Black Ops 2 (if it supports it). On supported PC games, there is a special spot for private servers. You would connect using a dedicated IP for your server, which would in return be our server. Our site would host the private server, with the usage of unlimited bandwidth and disk space, our server would face hardly no downtime. I could then install a special private server managing system, and hire private server moderation / administration members. However, you would need the Black Ops 2 PC game (for example).

Thanks for reading, more information will continue to be added as soon as I have it!

Zerotheheroe

Last edited by Zerotheheroe on Wed 19 Sep 2012 - 12:53; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.clancaos.net
OmniDeath
Tenebrosi Angelus
Tenebrosi Angelus
OmniDeath

CAOS Points : 36

PostSubject: Re: Host Gator - Released Information   Host Gator - Released Information I_icon_minitimeThu 6 Sep 2012 - 21:41

lol i cant wait for the change!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/DirgeOfRevelation
Zerotheheroe
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator
Zerotheheroe

Facebook Award FB User

PostSubject: Re: Host Gator - Released Information   Host Gator - Released Information I_icon_minitimeThu 6 Sep 2012 - 22:10

Users with 100+ posts will be compensated for their loss!
More information will be added to this topic tomorrow about that.

- Zerotheheroe
Back to top Go down
Soulja.Guard
Designer
Designer
Soulja.Guard

Facebook Award FB User
CAOS Points : 74

PostSubject: Re: Host Gator - Released Information   Host Gator - Released Information I_icon_minitimeThu 6 Sep 2012 - 22:46

Sweet!
Back to top Go down
dane562
Chatbox Moderator
Chatbox Moderator
dane562

CAOS Points : 35

PostSubject: Re: Host Gator - Released Information   Host Gator - Released Information I_icon_minitimeFri 7 Sep 2012 - 1:05

nice job zero working hard to make this the best ps3 clan
Back to top Go down
Zerotheheroe
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator
Zerotheheroe

Facebook Award FB User

PostSubject: Re: Host Gator - Released Information   Host Gator - Released Information I_icon_minitimeFri 7 Sep 2012 - 10:12

Two new sections have been added. (Part C/S1/S2)

@OmniDeath - I can't either. lol

@dane562 - Thanks, I try - don't make me blush. jks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Host Gator - Released Information   Host Gator - Released Information I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Host Gator - Released Information
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan CAOS l The Ultimate PS3 Gaming Clan :: CAOS HQ :: Forum News-
Jump to: